To connect people with nature.
- Stewardship — Commitment to the conservation of this treasured oasis for present and future generations
- Environmental Education — Engaging the public through workshops, programs and activities
- Horticulture — Pursuing excellence in landscape design and horticultural practices
- Teamwork — Realizing our mission through the cooperative efforts of the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, Wayne Township officials and employees, community organizations and members of the public.
- Leadership — Cultivating emerging leaders.
- Community — Promoting involvement through membership, volunteering, events, programs, tours, social media and outreach.
- Financial Responsibility — Ensuring the future of Laurelwood Arboretum through effective fiscal management and fundraising initiatives.
- Organizational Excellence and integrity — Commitment to the highest standards of professional conduct.
Friends of Laurelwood Arboretum was incorporated in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Board of Directors oversees the activities of more than 200 volunteers, who contribute more than 10,000 hours of work in the arboretum each year. Friends of Laurelwood Arboretum is funded by membership dues, plant sales, grants and donations from individuals and businesses.
In 2007, a partnership was formed between Friends of Laurelwood Arboretum and the Township of Wayne. Friends of Laurelwood Arboretum assumed responsibility for maintaining and improving the arboretum’s horticultural inheritance. This includes managing designated public funds and Laurelwood’s employees and planning a variety of educational programs and activities for the community.
Friends of Laurelwood Arboretum Board of Directors
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
Mary Jo Sichak
Stuart Reiser, Esq.
Dr. Alexander Fitzburgh
(retiring board members)