To connect people with nature.
- Stewardship — Commitment to the conservation of this treasured oasis for present and future generations
- Environmental Education — Engaging the public through ecological workshops, programs and activities
- Horticulture — Pursuing excellence in landscape design and horticultural practices
- Teamwork — Realizing our mission through the cooperative efforts of the FOLA Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, Wayne Township officials and employees, community organizations and members of the public.
- Leadership — Cultivating emerging leaders.
- Community — Promoting involvement through membership, volunteering, events, programs, tours, social media and outreach.
- Financial Responsibility — Ensuring the future of Laurelwood Arboretum through effective fiscal management and fundraising initiatives.
- Organizational Excellence and integrity — Commitment to the highest standards of professional conduct.
FOLA was incorporated in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The FOLA Board of Directors oversees the activities of more than 200 volunteers, who contribute more than 10,000 hours of work in the arboretum each year. FOLA is funded by membership dues, plant sales, grants and donations from individuals and businesses.
In 2007, a partnership was formed between FOLA and the Township of Wayne. FOLA assumed responsibility for maintaining and improving the arboretum’s horticultural inheritance. This includes managing designated public funds and Laurelwood’s employees and planning a variety of educational programs and activities for the community.
FOLA Board of Directors
1st Vice President
David A Kooistra
2nd Vice President
Bill Lauber, CPA
Linda E Ransom, Esq.
Mary Jo Sichak
Diane Bromberg Stern
Stuart Reiser, Esq.
Andrew Lawn P.E. P.P.
Peter Lowry, CPA
Dr. Al Fitzburgh
Our Annual Reports